- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Trim external fat on beef brisket to 1/4-inch. Combine paprika and 1/2 tsp of the black pepper; rub evenly over surface of beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side down, in 11 1/2 x 9-inch disposable foil pan. Add 1 cup water. cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in center of grid over very low coals ( use a single layer of coals with space in between each); cover cooker.
- Cook 5 hours, turning brisket over every 1 1/2 hours; use baster to remove fat from pan as it accumulates. Add 1/2 cup water, if needed, to pan during cooking. (Add just enough briquets during cooking to keep coals at a very low temperature.) Remove brisket from pan; place on grid, fat side down, directly over low coals. Reserve pan drippings. cover; continue cooking 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan drippings; reserve 1 cup drippings. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender-crisp. Add reserved pan drippings, remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper; the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; simmer 15 minutes. Carve brisket into thin slices across the grain; serve with sauce. Garnish with fresh peppers and lemon slices.
- Note: A boneless beef brisket will yield 3 (3 oz.) cooked servings per pound.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like