- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika and mix well. Rub brisket thoroughly with this mixture and set aside.
- Build a fire in one half of a large grill. For best results, use an aromatic wood such as mesquite.
- When fire is ready, place brisket on grill, making sure that it is not above any part of the fire. Close grill cover and open vent about 1/2-inch.
- Feeding the fire periodically, cook for 8 to 10 hours or until the internal temperature is 165º to 170ºF and the meat is very tender. The exterior of the meat should be very black.
- Remove from the fire, trim off excess fat and carve against the grain into very thin slices.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like