- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Trim fat from brisket to 1/4-inch.
- Combine 3/4 cup onion, paprika and black pepper. Rub mixture evenly over surface of brisket.
- Place brisket, fat side up, in large disposable pan. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in center of grid over very low coals. (Single layer of coals with space in between each.)
- Close cover on grill and cook 5 hours, turning brisket over every 1 1/2 hours. With a baster, remove fat as it accumulates in pan. Add additional 1/2 cup water to pan, as needed. Add briquets as needed to keep coals at a very low temperature.
- Remove foil from pan. Remove brisket and place on grid directly over very low coals.
- Remove and reserve 1 cup of the pan drippings. Mix remaining pan drippings with 1 cup of the prepared steak sauce. Brush mixture over brisket. Close grill cover and continue cooking 1 hour, brushing occasionally with sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook 1/2 cup finely chopped onion in the butter until tender. Stir in remaining 1 cup steak sauce, reserved pan drippings, catsup, brown sugar and crushed red pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve with the brisket.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like