- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Mix the ground beef and the salt and pepper together in a bowl, blending well. Shape into 4 patties about 1/4-inch thick. Place the patties on a grill 4 to 6 inches from the heat over grey-hot coals.
- Grill about 4 minutes on each side or to the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, on the same grill in a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the 1 cup of sliced onion. Cook until crisp tender.
- Remove the onion with a slotted spoon and reserve. Stir the catsup and mustard into the butter left in the sauce pan and heat to serving temperature. When the hamburgers are done, place each one on a toasted bottom, and top first with some of the cooked onion and then a dollop of the catsup-mustard mixture and then garnish as desired.
Source: Gloria Pitzer, The Recipe Detective, Harvey's Charcoal Broiled Burgers
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like