- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- 8 large boiling potatoes, peeled and halved. In a large non-reactive pot, combine the salt and water. Add the brisket and let soak, covered, at room temperature, for a minimum of 48 hours. (The beef must be completely covered, so double the brine recipe if necessary.)
- Lift the meat out of the pan with 2 large forks and pour out the brine. Add fresh water to the pan. Return the meat to the pan, add the bay leaves and peppercorns, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered until fork tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- During the last 45 minutes of cooking, add the cabbage, carrots, turnip, and potatoes. (Alternately, the carrots, turnip and potatoes can be boiled separately.) Let the beef cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve: carve the meat and place the potatoes, carrots and turnip around it on a large platter. Serve the cabbage in a bowl.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like