- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and orange peel.
- Cook carrots in boiling water in medium saucepan 10 minutes. Add onion; continue cooking 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4-inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with 2 Tbsp glaze. Broil 3 minutes or until glazed.
- Pour remaining glaze over vegetables; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until glazed. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like