- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Mix the ingredients with 1 quart of water and when blended and dissolved, add the remainder of the gallon of water.
- Wipe the brisket with a damp cloth and pierce deeply with a heavy fork several times. Place the brisket in a glass, porcelain or earthenware container (never metal), and add brine mixture until the meat is immersed and brine level is about 1 1/2-inches above the meat.
- Cover container with a board weighted in place. Store in the refrigerator 8 to12 days. The beef will become saltier the longer it is soaked.
- When ready to cook beef, discard the brine. Rinse the beef in cold water, place in a kettle of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 1 hour. Pour off water, add fresh boiling water to cover. Simmer until tender, 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Slice against grain.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like