- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Combine 3 Tbsp flour with the cornmeal, salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper; set aside.
- Coat steaks with 2 Tbsp flour. Beat egg white and water together; dip steaks, then dredge in reserved cornmeal mixture.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and when hot, but not smoking, add the steaks. sauté until thoroughly cooked, 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove steaks and hold warm. Repeat with remaining oil and steaks.
- While steaks cook, melt butter in a medium saucepan; whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low and add bouillon, marjoram, thyme and 1/8 tsp remaining pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot gravy with steaks.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like